While the conference name has changed (from cf.Objective()), there are still plenty of CF-oriented topics, and of course as nearly everyone would point out, it's good for everyone to expand their reach and focus.
To that end, I'll be doing a topic a bit different than my normal focus of CF server troubleshooting. Instead, recognizing that there will be folks there who either use other servers, or develop web apps or mobile apps, I'll do a bit of a "soft" topic on how to troubleshoot performance problems more generically, in:
Hey, my web app's slow. Where's the problem?
Looking to buy ColdFusion? Get it at a discount from the FR folks, and an additional discount off FR
Even better, for a limited time, folks making such a purchase of CF there will get 20% off a purchase of FusionReactor Standard or Enterprise Subscription, if purchased at the same time.
So if you're looking to buy CF11, save money on CF and get a great monitoring solution for CF. I work with it daily, using it on my sites and nearly always recommending it as the best tool for solving CF problems. (It also works with Railo, Lucee, and BlueDragon Server JX, as well as Tomcat, JBoss, Jetty, GlassFish, and indeed any Java application.)
See my FusionReactor category of blog posts for more I've shared on FR over the years.
But more than that basic info, I'd like in this post to take advantage of the chance to share a few things related to the topic of upgrading FusionReactor, including some common questions I often am asked as I assist people in using it:
- Where do I get the update?
- How do I find out what's new in the update?
- Should I hesitate about applying the very latest FR update as soon as it comes out?
- How would you I know there WAS an update to FR available?
- Do I just need to run the full installer or can I update just one file perhaps?
- Do I need to restart CF (or Railo/Lucee/Tomcat, etc.) for the update to take effect?
- Can I update FRAM and choose NOT to update my monitored CF/Railo/Lucee/Tomcat/etc instance?
- Why do you keep referring to "CF/Railo/Lucee/Tomcat/etc"? I thought FR was a CF monitor tool?
- What if I'm on an FR version older than 5.0?
For these and more, read on.
One of the most important features is the stack tracing feature, used to understand what's holding up a long-running request.
Also, sorry for the long delay in blogging. Just been so busy doing my CF server troubleshooting consulting.
As for my sessions at CFSummit (next week), I'll be doing the following (and you can follow the links to learn more about the talks, their dates and times, etc.):
At CFCamp, the following week, I'll be offering:
- Hidden Gems in ColdFusion 11
- Monitor, Troubleshoot & Protect Your CF/Railo Servers with FusionReactor 5
I had also presented the Hidden Gems talk at NCDevCon 2014.
These are all great conferences, and, in addition to cf.Objective 2014 (where I spoke also, on different topics), they are each great ways to keep up on what's going on in the world of ColdFusion and related technologies.
Finally, if someday you're visiting this blog entry and find that one of the conference links no longer work, you can find my own link to all my presentations, at all conferences the past 15+ years (as well as to any recordings made available) at my presentations page.
Come say hello if you're at any of these events.