will be presenting presented this talk online this Thursday, at noon US Eastern, on the CFMeetup youtube livestream (which will be was recorded). Folks who are members of the Online ColdFusion Meetup will already have gotten notification about this, but for those who are not, here are the details:
"Installing CF2023: choices, challenges, and solutions"
If you're considering moving to CF2023, there are some things to consider before or as you may install it. First, there's a new "zip" install option (added in Cf2021) in addition to the traditional full installer. What's that about? Why should you use it? What are some challenges, and why might you not want to? We'll cover that.
Second, even with the full installer there are some options and choices also new since CF2021, and perhaps it's been a while since you have installed even previous CF versions. We'll cover some of the key options to consider, including the new CLI/json admin config tool (cfsetup), the new package/module management (cfpm), new license activation, and more.
There are certainly other challenges with installing ColdFusion, and we will also open the floor for questions about that and cover whatever else we can in the hour allotted.
As always with the CFMeetup, anyone can attend, viewing it live or afterward on youtube. You can also register (indicate interest) or find more details about the event and about the meetup itself at the CFMeetup event page.
As noted there, all sessions are recorded, with those since 2015 available as a youtube playlist.
For more content like this from Charlie Arehart:
Need more help with problems?
- Signup to get his blog posts by email:
- Follow his blog RSS feed
- View the rest of his blog posts
- View his blog posts on the Adobe CF portal
- If you may prefer direct help, rather than digging around here/elsewhere or via comments, he can help via his online consulting services
- See that page for more on how he can help a) over the web, safely and securely, b) usually very quickly, c) teaching you along the way, and d) with satisfaction guaranteed