What matters most is that it's one of the boldest new versions of CF in quite some time. In this post, I want to share some tips about getting started with the beta, as I have seen many in the community left wondering about some things.
My focus here is not on "what's new" (I'll offer a brief list here, and more in a later post), but really just "how to get started", especially during the beta (or "prerelease") as some things are not as obvious as they perhaps should be. In fact, I make some pointed suggestions that I hope Adobe will consider, as well as share tips for you in the meantime.
In this post, I cover:
- How easily anyone can join the public beta (Don't miss all that's on the prerelease front page)
- Available documentation resources, don't miss them! (The 500-page (!) release notes, and separate system requirements and known issues docs)
- Getting help with the prerelease, don't go it alone! (Filing bug reports, feature requests for the prerelease; asking for help and learning in the available prerelease forums)
- The available installers and more
- A taste of what's new (more to come in a later post)
- About the use of the codename, Project Stratus