will be presenting presented a talk on this topic, online this Thursday, at noon US Eastern, on the CFMeetup youtube livestream (which will be was recorded). Folks who are members of the Online ColdFusion Meetup will already have gotten notification about this, but for those who are not, here are the details:
"Updating the Java underlying ColdFusion: considering it, doing it"
With Java updates now happening quarterly (and one just this week), it's important that ColdFusion administrators and/or developers keep up to date on the Java version underlying their CF (or Lucee) deployments. The simplest question may of course be "how do I perform such a JVM update, effectively"--and it really can be quite simple. But there's a good bit more to updating Java (aka the jvm, jdk, jre). In this session, veteran troubleshooter Charlie Arehart will share his experience helping people deal with this topic about weekly for many years, including:
Whether you use CF or Lucee, and regardless of whether you deploy these traditionally or via Commandbox or even containers, most of this presentation will apply to you.
- Considering and planning for the jvm update: On the many "current" JVM versions; what jvm do you have, what can you update to, and why should you
- Performing the jvm update: where to get it, which one to choose and how to install it, how to configure CF to use it
- Avoiding various potential gotchas when updating the JVM
- How to be made aware of new JVM versions
As always with the CFMeetup, anyone can attend, viewing it live or afterward via the youtube playlist of meetup recordings. You can also register (indicate interest) or find more details about the event (and the meetup itself) via the CFMeetup events page.
For more content like this from Charlie Arehart:
Need more help with problems?
- Signup to get his blog posts by email:
- Follow his blog RSS feed
- View the rest of his blog posts
- View his blog posts on the Adobe CF portal
- If you may prefer direct help, rather than digging around here/elsewhere or via comments, he can help via his online consulting services
- See that page for more on how he can help a) over the web, safely and securely, b) usually very quickly, c) teaching you along the way, and d) with satisfaction guaranteed