Note: This blog post is from 2017. Some content may be outdated--though not necessarily. Same with links and subsequent comments from myself or others. Corrections are welcome, in the comments. And I may revise the content as necessary.As some of my readers will know, Adobe has recently created and opened a CF Community portal, for folks to share blog posts, testimonials, showcases, and more. It's even an alternative way to participate in the Adobe CF forums.
Anyway, I have contributed several blog posts (some really article-length, and all written as standalone "articles", so I am referring to them that way here, and in my "articles" page).
I wanted to point to them out in a post here as well. I was also torn about whether to post them in their entirety here, whether before or after posting them there, but for now, I have posted the content only there.
- CF install/deployment choices: what's right for me? (Oct 24, 2017)
- Did you know the ColdFusion Archives (CAR) feature is now in Standard as well as Enterprise? (Oct 26, 2017)
- Finding more about applying ColdFusion updates (Oct 30, 2017)
- Did you know there's far more to the CF docs than just the CFML Reference? (Nov 4, 2017)
- Hey, why am I finding CF installed node.js? (Nov 6, 2017)
- Did you know that ColdFusion Builder 2016 is included with your purchase CF 2016? (Nov 17, 2017)
- Did you know there's a free "Express" edition of ColdFusion Builder? (Nov 18, 2017)
- Resources for learning more about CF2016 (Nov 24, 2017)
- Here's how you provide CFFUNCTION tag attributes when converting it to a script function (Nov 30, 2017)
One issue with the portal, though, is that if an author edits one, the date changes to the date EDITED, not the date CREATED. And then they show up in the portal in that date edited order, which is incorrect both because it can be abused (or confusin), but also because but not properly reflecting when the note was written, some context could be lost. Fortunately, in most of the posts, the date created DOES appear correctly when you open the post, though even that is not always accurate. So I have put here the correct date created for each.
I welcome your feedback and/or comments, though please do direct those to the respective blog posts on the portal. :-) And I hope more folks will consider contributing.
For more content like this from Charlie Arehart:
Need more help with problems?
- Signup to get his blog posts by email:
- Follow his blog RSS feed
- View the rest of his blog posts
- View his blog posts on the Adobe CF portal
- If you may prefer direct help, rather than digging around here/elsewhere or via comments, he can help via his online consulting services
- See that page for more on how he can help a) over the web, safely and securely, b) usually very quickly, c) teaching you along the way, and d) with satisfaction guaranteed