"Hidden Gems in ColdFusion 2018", a multi-part series on the Adobe Portal
Note: This blog post is from 2019. Some content may be outdated--though not necessarily. Same with links and subsequent comments from myself or others. Corrections are welcome, in the comments. And I may revise the content as necessary.Over the past few weeks I have been begun posting a multi-part series of blog entries on Hidden Gems in CF2018. This is being posted on the Adobe CF portal, rather than here (by my choice).
It's basically presenting the same info I've been offering in my talk of the same name, such as at conferences like CF Summit and CFCamp last year, and that I will at the CF Summit East 2019 in DC in April. Of course, in blog form I can elaborate things a little more.
So far I have done the following parts:
- Hidden Gems in ColdFusion 2018, part 1: Series Overview
- Hidden Gems in CF2018, part 2: Installation, Administration, and Configuration
- Hidden Gems in CF2018, part 3 Security, Performance, and the PMT
- Hidden Gems in CF2018, part 4 Dev features: CFML REPL, CFFiddle, and REST Playground
I will try to update this list as I add more, every week or two, just as I do in the part 1 post of the series for readers there.
(And if you may question whether a given thing I list is really a "hidden gem", see my discussion of that in part 1. Some are more clued into new features than others. Still, I try to offer tidbits about each that may surprise even those already familiar with them.)
What about hidden gems in earlier releases?
As some know, I've been doing these sort of hidden gems talks for each release for years (and even in CFDJ articles back to CF 4.0.1!). Sadly, I never got around to doing a blog post or series for those past talks, so the info was instead locked up in the presentation PDF--though I do offer those for all my past talks.
Oh well, better late than never on this one, right? We'll see if I may do something for the others. (Sadly, Google is not great about presenting effectively content that is buried in PDFs, at least IMO.)
Anyway, I thought I should mention this series of posts on my blog here, for some who may not watch or notice the Adobe Portal blog posts.
For more content like this from Charlie Arehart:
Need more help with problems?
- Signup to get his blog posts by email:
- Follow his blog RSS feed
- View the rest of his blog posts
- View his blog posts on the Adobe CF portal
- If you may prefer direct help, rather than digging around here/elsewhere or via comments, he can help via his online consulting services
- See that page for more on how he can help a) over the web, safely and securely, b) usually very quickly, c) teaching you along the way, and d) with satisfaction guaranteed
There are no comments for this entry.[Add Comment]