Note: This blog post is from 2009. Some content may be outdated--though not necessarily. Same with links and subsequent comments from myself or others. Corrections are welcome, in the comments. And I may revise the content as necessary.Some may know that among my CF411.com site's list of 700+ tools/resources for CFers in 125 categories, I have long listed the 30+ CF frameworks. (Yes, there really are that many.)
But until now, I just listed them all together, without any subcategory. Today I took a shot to categorize them and saw 3 categories:
- CFML Application Frameworks/Methodologies
- CFML Injection Frameworks/Methodologies
- CFML ORM Frameworks/Methodologies
How did I do? Are these good categories? Most of them fit in the first category (about 25) are in the first category. I didn't want to break them down into which were MVC, etc. Should I bother?
Two are in the injection frameworks category (ColdSpring and Lightwire). How's that for a category name? And there are four in the ORM category.
Are things in the right place? Any needed additions/subtractions? As with all the categories in the CF411 list, I welcome suggestions, corrections, etc.
And if you didn't know there were 30-some CF frameworks, check out the list:
One last request: before you comment, please check the other comments and see if I may have already changed/corrected something.
For more content like this:
Need more help with problems?
- Signup to get my blog posts by email:
- Follow my blog RSS feed
- View the rest of my blog posts
- View my blog posts on the Adobe CF portal
- If you may prefer direct help, rather than digging around here/elsewhere or via comments, I can help via my consulting services
- See that for more on how I can help a) over the web, safely and securely, b) usually very quickly, c) teaching you as we go, and d) with satisfaction guaranteed