Note: This blog post is from 2008. Some content may be outdated--though not necessarily. Same with links and subsequent comments from myself or others. Corrections are welcome, in the comments. And I may revise the content as necessary.Today's first category from my Tools and Resources to Consider for CF developers is from the Resources section, and it's "CFML Documentation/Help Tools and Resources".
While the Adobe docs are the best source for CFML documentation, there are online versions of that both from Adobe and others, providing access to the docs in various ways. Please note, though, that while most of the other resources show only the CFML reference, the actual Adobe docs contain more than just the CFML Reference, including a Developer's Guide, Installation Guide, Administration Guide, and more. See the Livedocs for more on those.
- Adobe Livedocs, for CF7
- Adobe Livedocs, for CF8
- CFQuickDocs, by Jacob Munson
- CF Docs on Air, by Brian Love (If not working, try google cache version)
- CFML Docs for IPod, by Randy Nielsen of the Adobe docs team
- CF8 Help files for Eclipse, from Adobe
- ColdFusionDocs, by Anuj Gakhar
- Complete List of CF tags, for 7 and 8, by Andy Jarrett
- Pete Frietag's ColdFusion Cheat Sheet
- I welcome additions/corrections/feedback.
About this series
This entry is part of an ongoing series, sharing each of the 100+ categories and the tools and resources I (and others) have identified. They're designed to answer the questions we hear, like , "does anyone know of tools or resources to help with ...?"
I've decided to start offering each category here as a blog entry, to give the list more exposure and to make sure I'm not missing anything. For now I'm offering each day one list from the resources and then another from the tools categories. To see the list of all categories, see Part 1 of this series. I may in the future offer an RSS feed of any updates made to the list.
I hope people will get great value out of the lists, here or on the tools and resources page. Please try to remember to point the list out to people you see asking for these kind of tools and resources. Thanks.
The tools/resources list is a perpetual work in progress. I definitely welcome additions or corrections to it. If you have any to offer, you can leave them here as a comment on this blog entry and I'll move them to the list on my site.
BTW, before you offer an update here, please do check the category on the real list. I won't be coming back here to update these blog entries to sync them if I add new items to the real list.
Next up later today will be CFML Caching Tools.
For more content like this:
Need more help with problems?
- Signup to get my blog posts by email:
- Follow my blog RSS feed
- View the rest of my blog posts
- View my blog posts on the Adobe CF portal
- If you may prefer direct help, rather than digging around here/elsewhere or via comments, I can help via my consulting services
- See that for more on how I can help a) over the web, safely and securely, b) usually very quickly, c) teaching you as we go, and d) with satisfaction guaranteed