Note: This blog post is from 2006. Some content may be outdated--though not necessarily. Same with links and subsequent comments from myself or others. Corrections are welcome, in the comments. And I may revise the content as necessary.If you're looking for yet another avenue of introduction to Flex and its intergration with CF, particularly a free one-hour Breeze session, check out the recording of BEn's presentation from a couple weeks ago:
On that page, select ColdFusion or Flex from the product list on the right, and on the resulting page, don't be thrown off by the title, "Government: Building Rich Internet Applications". It's of value to all viewers.
As Ben is wont to do, he avoids being powerpoint-centric and jumps right into some generic Flex demos first, and then 20 minutes into it starts to really talk about Flex/CF integration. There's about 5 minutes of discussion after that and then he jumps into code-centric demos, showing the CF-related integration in some flex code and in the Flex Builder, including the wizard. By about 45 minutes he instead starts coding Flex/CF integration manually within the builder, which some may find compelling. There is Q&A throughout (which as always in Breezo's is a bit of a struggle, torn between answering questions and staying on topic) and a lot of Q & A at the end, which many may especially enjoy.
For more content like this:
Need more help with problems?
- Signup to get my blog posts by email:
- Follow my blog RSS feed
- View the rest of my blog posts
- View my blog posts on the Adobe CF portal
- If you may prefer direct help, rather than digging around here/elsewhere or via comments, I can help via my consulting services
- See that for more on how I can help a) over the web, safely and securely, b) usually very quickly, c) teaching you as we go, and d) with satisfaction guaranteed