Note: This blog post is from 2006. Some content may be outdated--though not necessarily. Same with links and subsequent comments from myself or others. Corrections are welcome, in the comments. And I may revise the content as necessary.As we in America celebrate Thanksgiving, some may be tempted to try to deep fry a turkey, something which has grown in popularity. I've heard many warnings about the approach, and now thanks to Youtube you can see the serious Underwriters Labratories video showing how easily things can go very wrong.
But with care, it can work, as another video shows. The keys seem to be: don't use a frozen turkey, don't use too much oil, do it outside a safe distance from the house, oh, and maybe don't do it while drinking! :-)
Enjoy the holiday, everyone (and the peace on the lists for those outside the states).
For more content like this:
Need more help with problems?
- Signup to get my blog posts by email:
- Follow my blog RSS feed
- View the rest of my blog posts
- View my blog posts on the Adobe CF portal
- If you may prefer direct help, rather than digging around here/elsewhere or via comments, I can help via my consulting services
- See that for more on how I can help a) over the web, safely and securely, b) usually very quickly, c) teaching you as we go, and d) with satisfaction guaranteed