Note: This blog post is from 2016. Some content may be outdated--though not necessarily. Same with links and subsequent comments from myself or others. Corrections are welcome, in the comments. And I may revise the content as necessary.Continuing my series of posts I started last week on CF2016, here's a quick post on what's new in CF 2016 that is in the Enterprise edition only (not Standard).
Fortunately, the list is pretty short:
- The ColdFusion API Manager (for more, see this summary and still more details)
- The Security Analyzer (called from within ColdFusion Builder, but works only against CF Enterprise...and not even CF Developer edition). More in the docs
Before any chime in to complain about the fact that these features are Enterprise-only (and that the Security Analyzer is not even supported against the free Developer edition), I do agree with you. These were both quite surprising to most paying close attention. (There's even a more subtle limitation regarding the Security Analyzer: it only works against an Enterprise CF deployment if that deployment is running with the "Developer profile", not either the "Secure" or "Production" profiles.)
Update: See my comment below about how you can use an Enterprise license key on a dev/test server, to allow you to use the Analyzer on other than your production server. An Adobe representative confirmed my observation today on the Adobe webinar reviewing CF 2016 (recording to be posted there soon, if not by the time you read this.)
FWIW, if you would like to find a more substantial comparison of the differences between CF Enterprise and Standard (including all the differences that are NOT new to CF2016), see this Buying Guide table from Adobe.
For more content like this:
Need more help with problems?
- Signup to get my blog posts by email:
- Follow my blog RSS feed
- View the rest of my blog posts
- View my blog posts on the Adobe CF portal
- If you may prefer direct help, rather than digging around here/elsewhere or via comments, I can help via my consulting services
- See that for more on how I can help a) over the web, safely and securely, b) usually very quickly, c) teaching you as we go, and d) with satisfaction guaranteed