Note: This blog post is from 2011. Some content may be outdated--though not necessarily. Same with links and subsequent comments from myself or others. Corrections are welcome, in the comments. And I may revise the content as necessary.I've gotten word from the folks running the cf.Objective() conference that besides the 2 talks I'm giving, they've also recently accepted my proposals for a BOF (birds of a feather) session and a slot in their lightning talk session. Phew! I'll be busy.
Here are the details.
First are the two talks:
- Pinpointing and Resolving ColdFusion Performance Issues (see the link for details on the topic)
- More Hidden Gems in CFBuilder and CFBuilder 2 (see the link for details on the topic)
(I had put in just the first talk originally, and then a few weeks ago a slot opened and they asked if I could do the other, which I was happy to offer, as an reprisal/update to my talk from the first release.)
Then for the Lightning Round (or what was originally referred to as the Pecha Kucha), my talk will be:
- Lies, damned lies, and CF request timeouts (in which I'll share in 5 minutes some information that even experienced developers admit having never known)
Finally, for the Birds of a Feather (no page on their site listing them yet), the session I will be leading will be:
- CF911: Share your CF server troubleshooting tips (come share some ideas, or learn from myself and others)
Sense a theme? Yep, other than the CFBuilder talk, the other sessions are all focused on the topic that is now most near and dear to my heart (and livelihood): CF Server Troubleshooting. It's what I do, and more important it's how I feel I can best help the most people.
There's one last aspect of my involvement at the conference that I'll mention: they started a new sponsorship program this year called "Friends of cf.Objective()", and I'll be participating in that. No mention of it yet on their site, but there should be more news at the event.
So hope to see you there, or if you won't be there, I'll post if any of these are recorded, or if not then I would likely record them myself in the future.
For more content like this:
Need more help with problems?
- Signup to get my blog posts by email:
- Follow my blog RSS feed
- View the rest of my blog posts
- View my blog posts on the Adobe CF portal
- If you may prefer direct help, rather than digging around here/elsewhere or via comments, I can help via my consulting services
- See that for more on how I can help a) over the web, safely and securely, b) usually very quickly, c) teaching you as we go, and d) with satisfaction guaranteed