Note: This blog post is from 2008. Some content may be outdated--though not necessarily. Same with links and subsequent comments from myself or others. Corrections are welcome, in the comments. And I may revise the content as necessary.Last week I pointed out a useful blog entry on SQL Server troubleshooting. Now there's a Part II, which addresses such things as:
- Are there SQL batches that actually run for a long time?
- Is there blocking in the database?
- Are there any problems in the configuration options of SQL Server?
- Is there a disk IO problem?
- Are there any indications of memory problems?
Good stuff that even we CFers can benefit understanding. Again, while it's from a Microsoft support engineer who focuses on .NET debugging in her blog, there's really nothing about this blog entry or the last that's .NET specific.
For more content like this:
Need more help with problems?
- Signup to get my blog posts by email:
- Follow my blog RSS feed
- View the rest of my blog posts
- View my blog posts on the Adobe CF portal
- If you may prefer direct help, rather than digging around here/elsewhere or via comments, I can help via my consulting services
- See that for more on how I can help a) over the web, safely and securely, b) usually very quickly, c) teaching you as we go, and d) with satisfaction guaranteed