Note: This blog post is from 2008. Some content may be outdated--though not necessarily. Same with links and subsequent comments from myself or others. Corrections are welcome, in the comments. And I may revise the content as necessary.I wanted to share here some info I shared on a mailing list. Someone asserted that "there's been little to no attention given by Adobe towards fixing bugs in the Report Builder feature". Well, no doubt many have long ago dismissed it if they used it when it first came out in CF7 and hit some snags.
But to be clear, there have been many improvements made to it in each release/point release and CHFs since then (whether bug fixes, minor improvements, or even some modest ones).
For those interested, just search for "report" in the following documents (to find references to cfreport and report builder):
- 7.01 release notes
- 7.02 release notes
- 7.02 CHF 1-3 release notes
- 8 release notes
- 8.01 release notes
- 8.01 CHF 1-3 release notes
I do realize that many may think there's still plenty more to be updated, but at least it shows it's not really been "little to no attention". :-)
Not picking a fight with anyone. I really think most just haven't noticed, so thought this may be helpful.
For more content like this from Charlie Arehart:
Need more help with problems?
- Signup to get his blog posts by email:
- Follow his blog RSS feed
- View the rest of his blog posts
- View his blog posts on the Adobe CF portal
- If you may prefer direct help, rather than digging around here/elsewhere or via comments, he can help via his online consulting services
- See that page for more on how he can help a) over the web, safely and securely, b) usually very quickly, c) teaching you along the way, and d) with satisfaction guaranteed