(Last Updated: Mar 02, 2017)
See below for:
- Links to updates available for CF, Java, FusionReactor, and other tools
- Resources to help in applying such updates
- Getting help in applying such updates, from Charlie Arehart
- ColdFusion: While ColdFusion 10 and above offer an update feature within the CF Admin, Adobe does offer pages listing each of the updates for CF10, 11, and 2016.
- Info and downloadable jars for ColdFusion 2016 updates
- Info and downloadable jars for ColdFusion 11 updates
- Info and downloadable jars for ColdFusion 10 updates
- ColdFusion web server connector: Note also that most CF updates provide an updates web server connector, and in CF10 and 11 it was imperative for us to apply those updates be "reconfiguring" the web server connector after applying the update. (Some great news for those on CF2016 is that has removed that need, as it instead updates the connector when the CF update is applied.)
But for those still on CF10 and 11, this is another update you must take care of after applying most of the updates listed above. Typically the technote for each CF10/11 update will indicate if a connector update/rebuild/reconfigure is required. *Sadly, there is currently no single page indicating all the CF updates which do require such an update. I may add that here at some point.)
I offer a blog post with substantial detail on the process of updating the web server connector: CF911: Why/when you MUST update the web server connector for ColdFusion 10/11 and may have missed it, as well as Still more reasons to make sure you have updated your ColdFusion 10 web server connector.
- Java: Oracle offers the latest Java 8 JDK here. Archives of older versions here, for 1.8, 1.7, and earlier.
- FusionReactor: FusionReactor updates can be found at the FR downloads page. The FR installer can be run in-place over a previous FR version. And the list of feature changes in each FR6 update are listed in the FR 6 Release notes.
- Lucee: Lucee updates are applied from within the Lucee Admin and can also be found on the Lucee downloads page.
- ColdFusion Builder: ColdFusion Builder can be updated from within Builder itself. Unlike CF, there is no single page listing all ColdFusion Builder 2016 updates. Here are the most recent updates:
- My 2016 blog post: How to solve common problems with applying ColdFusion updates (in 10 and above)
- My 2014 blog post,CF911: 'Help! I've updated the JVM which ColdFusion uses, and now it won't start!'
- My 2016 blog post, Why you should think twice about leaving on the "public JRE" option of the Java JDK installer
- My 2016 blog post, Stuck running the ColdFusion 'Migration wizard'? Here's how to get past that
- My 2013 blog post, CF911: Why/when you MUST update the web server connector for ColdFusion 10/11 and may have missed it
- My 2013 blog post, Still more reasons to make sure you have updated your ColdFusion 10 web server connector
- If you have not applied these various updates, this is something I can help with. While it CAN go easily enough for anyone to do, it can also just as likely fail which leaves most people dead in the water. But I can help resolve such problems quickly. I can make sure each update is done well and quickly, generally in 15-30 minutes for each update (which includes making sure there are no failures in applying the update, as well as offering any guidance in considering and applying the update.)
To that end, I am also announcing a new fixed price rate for implementing such updates on your server, remotely (via shared desktop, remote desktop, or other online means you prefer), at just $100 per update per instance. (We only ever need do the latest update of the above, as they’re always cumulative.) For more information on obtaining such assistance, see the contact information on the CArehart Consulting page.