Need to reach Charlie?
|Please be sure to review at least the top of Charlie's Consulting page before initially requesting his services.|
|Email: support (at) carehart.org
Phone: (1) 678 825 8630
|Book time with Charlie via his online calendar|
Address: 410 Morgan Rd, Jamestown KY 42629 USA
You can also find Charlie on:
About Charlie ArehartA veteran server troubleshooter with over fourty years experience in enterprise IT, Charlie Arehart (@carehart) is a longtime contributor to the community and Adobe Community Professional. As an independent consultant, he provides short-term, remote, on-demand troubleshooting/tuning assistance for organizations of all sizes and experience levels (carehart.org/consulting).
- has given more than 160 different talks to hundreds of user groups and conference
- has posted more than 600 blog entries at carehart.org/blog and several dozen more at the Adobe Community Portal
- is a contributor to 12 CF books, including the last 7 CF Web Application Construction Kit books
- wrote over 100 articles for the Adobe DevCenter, ColdFusion Developers Journal, Java Developers Journal, and more
- the Online ColdFusion Meetup, coldfusionmeetup.com, the world's largest CF user group with over 2,800 members
- the CF411 site with over 2,000 resources and tools of interest to CFers
- the UGTV repository of recorded user group presentations from hundreds of speakers all over the world
Among his other accomplishments are:
- Adobe Community Professional (ACP)
- Experts Exchange "Distinguished Expert" award
- Adobe ColdFusion Portal "Legend" ranking, 2019-2023
- Co-author, ColdFusion 10 Web Application Construction Kit and of all 3 volumes of ColdFusion 8 and ColdFusion 9 Web Application Construction Kit as well the books, Adobe ColdFusion Anthology, the ColdFusion MX Bible, and still others:
- Tipicalcharlie (a non-CF tip site he created in April 2005, with the demise of blog-city.com, but available via that link at the archive.org site)
- His older CFMXPlus blog , from 2002-2003
- His BlueDragon blog, from 2003-2006 (now defunct, with the demise of blog-city.com, but available via that link at the archive.org site)
- His original tips list from 1998-2002, from before the days of blogging, at his former SysteManage site
- Other resources he's contributed to the CFDJ (including a series of CF Advisor tips from 1999-2000) are available via CFDJ contributions (Articles and tips posted at CFDJ)
As additional background about his previous 15 years in enterprise IT (1982-1997) before getting into web apps, he worked with very large scale database systems, first in development then administration, doing the same sort of writing, speaking, mentoring that he now does related to web application management. He worked on some of the largest databases in the world at the US Health Care Financing Administration (now CMMS, then with 60 billion records) and the Australian Department of Social Security (now Centrelink).
It's amazing how much of that prior experience (building interactive applications and managing them and the database in a mainframe environment called Model 204) translated to the web and CF.
Indeed, from his days working with 204 back then, he ran still another resource (now long-gone, but accessible courtesy of the fantastic web archive):
- The Ultimate 204 Site, which he ran for several years. (To those who find this and are looking for 204 help, Charlie has not worked with it since 1996 and can offer no useful assistance.)
Specialties: Server Troubleshooting/Tuning; Admin/Config; Security; Monitoring, Debugging, and more; ColdFusion and Java Appliation Servers (Tomcat, JBoss, Wildfly, WebSphere, WebLogic, end); .NET; SQL Server
BTW, the site name is carehart.org, not careheart.org. It's easy to mispell, so I've set up a honeypot to catch those who may search using that misspelling, to redirect them to the right place.