Note: This blog post is from 2006. Some content may be outdated--though not necessarily. Same with links and subsequent comments from myself or others. Corrections are welcome, in the comments. And I may revise the content as necessary.Have you tried to invoke a web service method from CFML when it declares optional arguments, and you don't pass in those optional arguments? You get an inobvious error message. Well here's good news: there's a new solution in CFMX 7, with CFINVOKEARGUMENT's Omit="yes|no". Very nice.
Thanks to Steven Erat for pointing this out.
For those who have seen my presentation on CFML web services (at CFUNited and over the past few years in other venues), this has long been a sore spot for me. So glad to see it fixed.
For more content like this:
Need more help with problems?
- Signup to get my blog posts by email:
- Follow my blog RSS feed
- View the rest of my blog posts
- View my blog posts on the Adobe CF portal
- If you may prefer direct help, rather than digging around here/elsewhere or via comments, I can help via my consulting services
- See that for more on how I can help a) over the web, safely and securely, b) usually very quickly, c) teaching you as we go, and d) with satisfaction guaranteed