My Latest CFDJ article is now posted: Errors in Your Code: Handling, debugging, and testing for them
Note: This blog post is from 2006. Some content may be outdated--though not necessarily. Same with links and subsequent comments from myself or others. Corrections are welcome, in the comments. And I may revise the content as necessary.I see that my latest CFDJ article has now been posted on the CFDJ site: "Errors in Your Code: Handling, debugging, and testing for them".
Here's a brief synopsis:
Errors and bugs: they happen in all code, mostly in development but in production too and perhaps more easily in CFML than in compiled languages. There are several features to help better handle, debug, and test for them, and this article will focus on those.
Though the article has just been posted, it's in the "August" issue. Due to some snafus in recent months, the CFDJ folks are just getting caught up. I have no information myself on when the print version of the issue will be coming out, if indeed it may already have.
I will say you can also look for me to have articles in future issues, including Sept and Oct which are already turned in. I'll post those as soon as I see they are available online.
For more content like this:
Need more help with problems?
- Signup to get my blog posts by email:
- Follow my blog RSS feed
- View the rest of my blog posts
- View my blog posts on the Adobe CF portal
- If you may prefer direct help, rather than digging around here/elsewhere or via comments, I can help via my consulting services
- See that for more on how I can help a) over the web, safely and securely, b) usually very quickly, c) teaching you as we go, and d) with satisfaction guaranteed