My Latest CFDJ article is now posted: Errors in Your Code: Handling, debugging, and testing for them
Note: This blog post is from 2006. Some content may be outdated--though not necessarily. Same with links and subsequent comments from myself or others. Corrections are welcome, in the comments. And I may revise the content as necessary.I see that my latest CFDJ article has now been posted on the CFDJ site: "Errors in Your Code: Handling, debugging, and testing for them".
Here's a brief synopsis:
Errors and bugs: they happen in all code, mostly in development but in production too and perhaps more easily in CFML than in compiled languages. There are several features to help better handle, debug, and test for them, and this article will focus on those.
Though the article has just been posted, it's in the "August" issue. Due to some snafus in recent months, the CFDJ folks are just getting caught up. I have no information myself on when the print version of the issue will be coming out, if indeed it may already have.
I will say you can also look for me to have articles in future issues, including Sept and Oct which are already turned in. I'll post those as soon as I see they are available online.
For more content like this from Charlie Arehart:
Need more help with problems?
- Signup to get his blog posts by email:
- Follow his blog RSS feed
- View the rest of his blog posts
- View his blog posts on the Adobe CF portal
- If you may prefer direct help, rather than digging around here/elsewhere or via comments, he can help via his online consulting services
- See that page for more on how he can help a) over the web, safely and securely, b) usually very quickly, c) teaching you along the way, and d) with satisfaction guaranteed